Thursday, February 16, 2017

2017 Thursday Bead Post #7: Brick Stitch

2017  Thursday Bead Post #7: Brick Stitch!

I watched a bunch of YouTube videos thinking that my usual pictures of flat Brick Stitch would not explain it clearly enough -there had to be a video out there that would be clear and wouldn't be confusing... 

After longer than I wanted to spend watching videos of Brick stitch, I have decided (see my disclaimer*) that the YouTube video by Beadaholique is the one I will suggest if you don't already know how to Brick stitch. It uses cubes, different colors, and describes over and over how you go under the thread not through the bead! Until you get 1:40 in you are learning Ladder stitch (what I covered in last week's blog).

What I like to do with Brick stitch is use it to go around the outside of beads and frames. "Circular Brick Stitch"

  
Both of these neon Gumdrop flower bracelets are made with Circular Brick stitch and are currently for sale in my Etsy shop if you want to see more pictures (or have to have one) 👀💗

Potomac Bead Company and Bronzepony Beaded Jewelry on YouTube both have pretty good videos about how to do this stitch around a bead the way my Gumdrop bracelets are made.
Bear is always helping with beading and blogging!

Kelly Dale, the owner of Off the Beaded Path has a video of how to do Circular Brick stitch around a ring -  my favorite way to use this stitch, and the way I made my donut for this week's blog! 

 I think I am going to add this donut to my box of beaded ornaments.

I did take pictures as I added rows:

    

    

  

Reminder: The Bead-it-Forward squares are due March 1st which is only 12 days from now! Minus how long it takes to ship them, if you are still working on 'em it is time to get them ready to ship! :)

_________________________________
*Disclaimer:
I am not affiliated with, paid by, or endorsed by anyone. By posting about beading and/or beading products I am not claiming to be an expert, nor am I suggesting the way that I do anything or the products I use are the best/correct/only way. All opinions expressed here are mine, and aren't meant to be taken as anything more than an opinion or suggestion from some stranger on the internet 😀


Coming weeks: 

February 23rd: Peyote triangles

March 2nd: Flat Herringbone Part II

March 9th: Totally tubular! Peyote & Cellini


Thanks for reading & Happy Beading -Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment