Thursday, April 7, 2016

2016 Project: Beaded Bead #7

Bead #7 is the Zuzana bead from Spirala beadingIvona Šuchmannová is the designer and creator behind this bead and the wonderful blog that it came from! Many thanks! Now on to the bead :)


 I think this bead is beautiful as it is, but I can't wait to try one that I can embellish! 

If you have been following my blog, you know I couldn't stop at one bead...
 I would like to share my take on this bead! Mini beaded beads, perfect for earrings, that were inspired by making the Zuzana


The construction of the little bead is the same as starting the Zuzana, with a few variations. First, my "Zu-mini" bead has six sides instead of the five; when making it there is one more unit of beads. The second difference should be obvious: I added "petals" on both sides to make this little bead. The last thing I did differently was ran a row of 11's through the outside pinch beads to tighten it up and cover the thread.

Here is a Zu-mini next to the Zuzana.

One more thanks to Ivona for the beautiful bead and the inspiration to create more!

19 beads to go!

My remaining deadlines are:

Spring dates: (5 left)  4/21, 5/5, 5/19, 6/2, 6/16

Summer dates: (6 beads) 6/30, 7/14, 7/28, 8/11, 8/25, 9/8

Fall dates: (7 beads) 9/22, 10/6, 10/20, 11/3, 11/17, 12/1, 12/15

The last bead will be "due" on 12/29!


Thanks for reading and Happy Beading! -Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment