Thursday, April 27, 2017

2017 Thursday Bead Post #17: More Brick Stitch

The first time I blogged about Brick Stitch was in post #7 all the way back in February. This time I am going to cover more about Brick Stitch and my second favorite way to use it. I didn't get very far on the piece I started for this blog post, but I did get enough done to show how it will look when curled.

 
 I made this piece out of size 8's.

I like to use both increases and decreases on the edges to make "ribbons" then dangle them from the holiday bows I made last year. (the bows are made with two warped squares and two ribbons)
   

The How to:
Fire Mountain Gems has a great tutorial by Cath Thomas on how to make a ribbon of Brick Stitch.

*Disclaimer:
I am not affiliated with, paid by, or endorsed by anyone. By posting about beading and/or beading products I am not claiming to be an expert, nor am I suggesting the way that I do anything or the products I use are the best/correct/only way. All opinions expressed here are mine, and aren't meant to be taken as anything more than an opinion or suggestion from some stranger on the internet 😀

Coming weeks: 

May 4th: Russian Spiral

May 11th: Basic spiral rope

May 18th: Right Angle Weave (RAW)



Thanks for reading & Happy Beading -Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment