Thursday, April 13, 2017

2017 Thursday Bead Post #15: Flat Herringbone Part III

This week I am going to blog about Herringbone Stitch with two holed beads. I really enjoy this stitch. It is easy, looks great, and is quick enough to not be boring, but slow enough that I feel accomplished when I finish a bracelet! The best part of this stitch is that it works with all kinds of two holed beads.

I made this bracelet this week out of Infinity two holed beads and these cute little striped seed beads that I have had for years and never used. I am adding this one to my personal collection.

  
These bracelets show how this stitch works with a bridge in the middle. It is very similar to flat herringbone stitch, only with stacked two holed beads.

These bracelets were made with Twin beads. The one on the left is Twins and P-nut beads.


This is the bracelet I made this week, next to one of my favorites made with Half Moon beads and 3mm Hematite. 

This stitch also looks great if you pattern it. Here are two of my favorite neon bracelets. I created stripes which make them look like they are a woven fabric. The black seed beads make the pattern "pop" where the lighter seeds make the pattern less obvious.

I made this blank pattern in the case that somebody would want to draw out their own pattern with this stitch. (right click to save the image) I used this template when I created the neon bracelet. 

The how to:

Potomac Bead Company has a YouTube video that shows how to make this kind of bracelet. They call it "SuperDuo Knit Herringbone Bracelet" but it will work with all kinds of two-holed beads!

Next week I will be covering Peyote Shapes, time to break out my Delicas again!

*Disclaimer:
I am not affiliated with, paid by, or endorsed by anyone. By posting about beading and/or beading products I am not claiming to be an expert, nor am I suggesting the way that I do anything or the products I use are the best/correct/only way. All opinions expressed here are mine, and aren't meant to be taken as anything more than an opinion or suggestion from some stranger on the internet 😀

Coming weeks: 

April 20th: Peyote Shapes

April 27th: More Brick stitching

May 4th: Russian Spiral



Thanks for reading & Happy Beading -Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment