Thursday, April 6, 2017

2017 Thursday Bead Post #14: Netting

This weeks post is about netting- "flat and around things" as I called it in my previous upcoming lists. This week I made a netted cage out of luminous 15's for a UV reactive marble that I got last summer at the The Moon Marble Company.
I snapped a picture with a blacklight shining on it to show the beautiful glow!!!


I also made two small samples of flat netting because it had honestly been a while since I had made anything netted. I am enjoying the revisiting of stitches I haven't done in years.
  

Fusion beads has a tutorial on basic netting (it is the one that I used as a refresher before my samples)

Jill Wiseman has a video on YouTube that covers how to do flat netting.

Potomac Bead Company has a YouTube video that covers an ornament with beads. This is the same technique I used on my marble, but on a larger scale.

Next week is going to be fun! I am going to cover "Flat Herringbone Part III". To be more specific, I am going to cover flat Herringbone with two holed beads!

*Disclaimer:
I am not affiliated with, paid by, or endorsed by anyone. By posting about beading and/or beading products I am not claiming to be an expert, nor am I suggesting the way that I do anything or the products I use are the best/correct/only way. All opinions expressed here are mine, and aren't meant to be taken as anything more than an opinion or suggestion from some stranger on the internet 😀

Coming weeks: 

April 13th: Flat Herringbone Part III

April 20th: Peyote Shapes


April 27th: More Brick stitching



Thanks for reading & Happy Beading -Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment