Thursday, August 25, 2016

2016 Project: Beaded bead #17

Bead #17 is the Stargazer Beaded Bead designed by Florence Turnour from the July 2012 edition of Beadwork Magazine. It is bead three of the beaded bead contest from that year. The one I made is so pretty in person: it is pearly, it has silver-lined sparkles, and cat's eye purple beads. It doesn't show up half as pretty as it really is in photos.
You would think that after 16 beaded bead posts I would have learned to make my sample beads in colors that photograph well :)

On to the bead!

This bead is very round and hollow!

It is not as big as I expected it to be before I started it, but other than a stand alone pendant I am not sure how I would have used it in the 2012 contest that these beads were a part of.

Where to find the pattern:

I got the pattern from the July 2012 edition of Beadwork Magazine. (of course this one is also sold out as I post this...) Unlike other patterns, I didn't find another source for the pattern :( There are plenty of blog posts about this one, but no other source for the pattern (that I could find at least). If you are a reader of my blog and find another (legit) source for this pattern, please send me a message!

If you want to know more about the designer:
Florence Turnour is half of Bead Infinitum, partners with Gwen Fisher.

You can find Florence on her blog and on Instagram @florenceturnour

9 beads to go!

My remaining deadlines are:

Summer dates: (1 left)  9/8

Fall dates: (7 beads) 9/22, 10/6, 10/20, 11/3, 11/17, 12/1, 12/15

The last bead will be "due" on 12/29!


Thanks for reading and Happy Beading! -Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment