Thursday, August 4, 2016

2016 Project: Beaded Bead #15

Sorry this bead is delayed a week! I did go to the doctor last Thursday to find out that I caught Bronchitis on my trip. I can tell you that having a fever when it is summer and hot outside is terribly unpleasant. I wasn't even been able to bead until yesterday! :( Good news, I am feeling better every day!

 On to the beaded bead. This bead is the Cluster Beaded Bead designed by Gwen Fisher. The only changes I made to the pattern were that I used 8mm Poppy Jasper beads for my base beads (something I wouldn't do again because the holes did not like the multiple thread passes required to make this bead.) I also only used one color of size 8's instead of two.


 In my hand for size reference:

 This bead is very round and very solid, two things I like in a beaded bead!

Now on to where to find the pattern:

 I got the pattern out of Beadwork Magazine April/May 2012 (it was listed as "sold out" when I went to get this link)

 Here is the direct link to buy the tutorial directly from Gwen Fisher. Her version includes instructions for two kinds of beaded beads and has over 30 pages with 140 pictures! Although I have not seen her tutorial, I am positive that it is better than the three page version in Beadwork.

If you are interested in buying other tutorials from Gwen Fisher you can visit her Bead Infinitum website or see what she has on Etsy under Gwenbeads.

11 beads to go!

My remaining deadlines are:

Summer dates: (3 left)  8/11, 8/25, 9/8

Fall dates: (7 beads) 9/22, 10/6, 10/20, 11/3, 11/17, 12/1, 12/15

The last bead will be "due" on 12/29!


Thanks for reading and Happy Beading! -Beth

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. Thank you for the blog post. It looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete