Thursday, June 2, 2016

2016 Project: Beaded bead #11

Bead #11 is an expansion on what I did for bead #10. For Mother's Day a friend asked me if I could make a bead for his wife's Pandora bracelet. I had never made a bead for this type of bracelet before, so I was up for the challenge! I was lucky enough that the 3/16 grommets I had fit over the bracelet! Before I show you the beads I made for them, I will show you how I made them.

Here are my little beads!

To make these I use the same steps as Bead #10, with embellishment over the top.
I start by making the strip and zipping it into a tube. 
 

I then get my thread coming out of one of the edge beads, facing inward towards the middle of the strip and add enough beads to cover the gap and go back into the opposing edge bead. I turn around on the outside bead prepare for the next row.

I repeat this process until the top of the bead is covered. For this one I alternated a row of 15's with a row of 15, 4mm, 15.
When I am done with the embellishment I glue in the grommets.

 I did a bit more embellishment on the beads for my friend than the ones for this week, but these were really for inspiration and instruction! The little silver and grey bead I made should show the thread path of the embellishment. I could easily add beads between or around the bugles I added, but I figured simple is better for learning.

Here are the beads I made for my friends. I didn't think to take a picture of them before I gave them away; so here are the pictures I borrowed from her FB post :) 
 I made the pink bead in the picture above, the "O" charm bead and the red and crystal ones in the picture below.

Hope you have a great 2 weeks of June...only one more Spring date, then on to the summer!

15 beads to go!

My remaining deadlines are:

Spring dates: 6/16

Summer dates: (6 beads) 6/30, 7/14, 7/28, 8/11, 8/25, 9/8

Fall dates: (7 beads) 9/22, 10/6, 10/20, 11/3, 11/17, 12/1, 12/15

The last bead will be "due" on 12/29!


Thanks for reading and Happy Beading! -Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment