Monday, October 13, 2014

Pen covers


I can't believe it has been seven years since I made these pen covers! The other day my mom mentioned that she never got one, so I needed to recreate my template! I figured I would share how they are made! They are created with a long peyote stitch strip that is "zipped together". They fit perfectly over a Bic pen.


The ends of the tube are improvised by adding beads until the tube has a secure end. I don't have a pattern for this, I just attached beads until it was "closed".

When I make my mom's I will update this and document the way I decide to do it this time! (It has been seven years)

Here is the pattern for the blue pen:

This is the pattern I am using for my mom's pen

Blank (right click to save image)


UPDATE! Here is the finished pen my mom will be receiving for Christmas this year. (I don't think she reads my blog)




As promised here is a how I finished the end. Very clean looking, and much better than my covers from years ago. Here are the steps:

Step 1:
 
Step 2:
       
Step 3:

Step 4:

Step 5:




Thanks for reading! Happy Beading -Beth

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your generosity, Beth! I found you through the Facebook page, Bead Weaving With a Needle. (On there, I'm Mike Connie Duncan Norrell)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have updated this post to include a better way to secure the end :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete